Google SketchUp is software that you can use to create 3D models of anythinsg you like. Most people get rolling with SketchUp in just a few minutes. Dozens of video tutorials, an extensive Help Center and a worldwide user community mean that anyone who wants to make 3D models with SketchUp, can. Redecorate your living room. Design a new piece of furniture. Model your city for Google Earth. Create a skatepark for your hometown, then export an animation and share it on YouTube. There's no limit to what you can create with SketchUp. You can build models from scratch, or you can download what you need.
People all over the world share what they've made on the Google 3D Warehouse. It's a huge, searchable repository of models, and it's free.Google SketchUp Pro 7 is a suite of powerful features and applications for streamlining your professional 3D workflow. All the intuitive modeling, visualization and collaboration features of SketchUp 7, plus exporters for a long list of 2D and 3D vector file formats. Also, generate tabular reports based on the entities in your models. Link your models to multi-page 2D presentation documents, add images, text and graphics, and share your designs as high-resolution prints, digital exports and onscreen slide shows. Teach components to animate and scale like they do in real life. Add custom attributes that extend your models' usefulness. Build configurable components that are easy for everyone to use.
New Features and FYI's:
* An Extension Warehouse has been created and integrated with SketchUp. Users can now manage hundreds of extensions installed on their computer via the Extension Warehouse.
* The word "SketchUp" now refers to a product family of which there are two members: SketchUp Pro and SketchUp Make.
* Toolbars for SketchUp on Windows operating systems have been improved. They are now customizable and more reliably stay put once they have been docked.
* Scene-based animations can now be exported to high-quality video from SketchUp.
* Toolbars and cursors have been updated and made consistent between SketchUp, LayOut, Style Builder and SketchUp Viewer.
* We have a new SDK. See the "getting_started.html" and "migration_guide.html" in the SDK package for details.
* Lots of little tweaks, bugs fixes and improvements were made to existing features.
* SketchUp no longer will take a long time to open and close with an unstable Internet connection.
* (Mac) SketchUp does not support OS X 10.6 and older versions of OS X. Users with these platforms will see an error on launch.